Monday, February 15, 2010

Things are gonna change around here

The few people who read this, will have noticed that nothing has been going on for a few months.
The main reason is my family and I moved, got new jobs, etc.
But I have been thinking about this blog, and I've realized it has to change. The present field of relevance is just too narrow for my tastes. I like a lot of different things, not just the inaccessable noisy stuff.
It dawned on me that the name of this blog is a perfect fit for the way I typically discover music previously unknown to me: With glacial speed.
New music (new as in "recent") mostly slips right under my radar. I'm so busy taking in recordings from the past, that I rarely get to the new stuff. Often contemporary music is also somehow related to contemporary fashion and general hype (at least in the mainstream), which ususally annoys me no end. And I do like some of what goes on in the mainstream; but my annoyance with hype takes a few years to wear off, unless it is a band/artist I've been following for years anyway.
Bla bla bla.
In the future I will (also) be blogging about more traditional "normal" music that I happen to like. It won't be the newest, but then maybe you'll be able to find it under "nice price" or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment